"The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) unites and supports the cancer community to reduce the global cancer burden, to promote greater equity, and to ensure that cancer control continues to be a priority in the world health and development agenda."
Together Against Cancer is a non-profit, non-government organization aiming at the improvement of the quality of cancer care in Kazakhstan including: successful prevention, early diagnostics, efficient treatment, accessible rehabilitation and palliative care. Our main objectives are:
• To raise the professional level of doctors and specialists by hosting scientific and medical practice conferences, conducting lectures and practical training seminars for oncologists and primary care physicians, organizing master classes for Kazakhstani doctors, etc.
• To conduct public awareness campaigns and “Open Door” days to encourage prevention, early diagnostics, and adequate treatment of all forms of cancer, and to promote a healthy lifestyle among the general population through the dedicated web-site: www.oncology.kz and general mass media, establishing a toll-free cancer prevention hotline for Kazakhstan residents: 8-800-080-5868.
• To contribute to better equipment of cancer treatment and hospice facilities by raising funds for the purchase of modern diagnostic and therapy equipment, as well as other essential equipment, vehicles, furnishings, medical supplies, imaging technology, etc.
• To promote the development of palliative care in Kazakhstan by training psychologists and organizing consultations for cancer sufferers and their care-giving relatives, participating in the social, legal, and ethical debate over the issues regarding life-threatening illnesses and adequate care for terminal patients; pioneering the creation of the national association on palliative care that will unite NGOs and oncology service providers throughout Kazakhstan involved in palliative care.
• To initiate discussions at all levels of the society on acute problems of Kazakhstan’s oncology and prepare healthcare policy recommendations for Kazakhstan’s legislature.