"The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) unites the cancer community to reduce the global cancer burden, to promote greater equity, and to integrate cancer control into the world health and development agenda."
The ICCP Portal is a one-stop stop for cancer prevention and control planning. It hosts topic-specific networks across the cancer care continuum that identifies best practices, key resources and gaps in those fields.
The Papua New Guinea Cancer Foundation (PNGCF) was formed for the purpose of improving coordination of cancer education and awareness through-out the country.
Our vision is to reduce the threat and impact of cancer in Papua New Guinea through successful education, prevention and clinical support.
Our mission is to lead a cohesive approach to minimise the impact of cancer. PNGCF will work with partner organisations to create awareness and conduct prevention programs.
The Foundation is governed by a multi-sectoral board of volunteers made up of health professionals, private sector executives and relevant cancer stakeholders.
Our core activities include;
• Harmonising stakeholders involved in the delivery of cancer awareness, prevention and early detection in line with National Department of Health policies.
• Conduct baseline surveys on cancer at free screening and awareness workshops through-out the country.
• Raise funds to advocate our activities to increase the amount of resources available and developing an evidence based planning strategy to improve the effectiveness of investments.
• Provide up to date evidence based information to communities on cancer prevention, screening programs and health services available.
• Provide information to health professionals and stakeholders on the cancer related statistics and treatment options.
• Assist with the delivery of medicines and supplies through the National Department of Health.