A1108, Siddhi Vinayak Towers Off SG highway
About Indian Society Of Oncology
Indian Society of Oncology was Established In 1983 by visionaries and stalwarts in oncology in India at that time. It is the first and largest society in oncology in India. With more than 2600 Members, It is the most active oncology forum dedicated to bringing together a multi-disciplinary group of Medical Oncologists, Surgical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, cancer researchers, and allied health professionals committed to working for the cause of cancer.
Indian Society of Oncology is working to bring state-of-the-art, cutting-edge knowledge in the field of Oncology at the forefront and showcase what is possible today in the world of cancer management. In order to achieve this ambitious goal and impact tremendous educational value to all Oncologists, both juniors and seniors from all parts of the country, we need to project a nationally unified comprehensive approach encompassing all sub-specialties of Oncology under one head.
Eradication of cancer and enhance the quality of life of people living with cancer
1. By providing training opportunities for cancer care providers on the latest clinical and scientific advances through meetings and educational outreach for continuing professional development
2. By promoting and advancing basic, clinical, and other research, and by supporting collaborative opportunities to improve the outcomes for cancer patients
3. By supporting those caring for cancer patients and providing them with the best curative and palliative therapies
3. By advocating appropriate long-term follow-up for survivors
4. In our educational activities we have Cancer prevention, Tobacco control topics.
5. Our 2600 members conduct activities in their working areas. Our members are working closely with central and state governments to influence cancer control policies. ISO members work on all cancers. Members are involved in capacity building and advocacy.
Share this page