The Cardiomyopathy and Cardio-Oncology Symposium, presented by Scripps MD Anderson Cancer Center and Scripps Clinic is designed to provide a state-of-the-art, comprehensive, case-based curriculum that addresses important clinical topics relevant to cardiomyopathy and the cardiovascular health of cancer patients and survivors. Cardio-oncology is an important and emerging field of medicine resulting from new or unexpected cardiovascular toxicities many cancer survivors are now experiencing because of their cancer treatments. In addition, cardiac amyloidosis is a burgeoning disease with exciting new treatments. Nationally recognized faculty in the fields of cardiology and oncology will discuss challenging topics related to common cardiomyopathies as well as current best practices for diagnosing, treating and managing afflicted patients. The goal of the conference is for participants to return to their practice equipped with the latest evidence base and practical information to improve patient care.
Scripps Health Conference Guidelines
1. Proof of vaccination will be required for all staff, participants, and vendors who wish to attend the conference in-person.
2. Staff, participants, and vendors who are unvaccinated are required to bring proof of a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours of the start of the conference.
3. All staff, participants, and vendors must be asymptomatic to attend the in-person conference.
4. All staff, participants, and vendors will be required to wear masks and remain physically distanced during the conference.
5. Virtual conference participation will be available for staff, participants, and vendors who have recently been exposed to, or tested positive for COVID-19, and/or are symptomatic.