World Cancer Congress

Have you registered for the 2014 World Cancer Congress yet? Over 100 UICC Members Organisations have already signed up. You can’t miss out - REGISTER NOW.

There are over 1’000 delegates already registered for the 2014 World Cancer Congress which will take place for the first time in Australia, in Melbourne on 3 – 6 December 2014.

1. UICC Members already joining forces for the Congress

Over 100 UICC Member organisations have already responded enthusiastically to the call for registrations and are gearing up for their participation to the 2014 World Cancer Congress in Melbourne.

A variety of discounts is now available as part of the Early Bird Special, valid until 31st May only. Those include:

  • UICC Members rate – AUD 490
  • UICC Members from low and middle income countries* - AUD 290
  • 2012 WCC Montréal delegates – AUD 390
  • Students/Trainees – AUD 290

*Following the country classification from the World Bank data – Discount applies once the VISA has been granted. 

In addition, a discounted joint registration fee is available if you decide to attend two complementary events, both developed in conjunction: 

2. UICC Members committed to accelerate progress

UICC is thrilled to see such enthusiasm from its Members:

  • 95% of the current sold Global Village spaces are occupied by UICC Member organisations and the remaining 5% by UICC corporate Vanguard partners. All these organisations will use the Congress as a platform to showcase their successes as well as share best practices with their international peers. 
    Have you secured YOUR space in the increasingly busy Global Village (20% discount for members)? 
  • Melbourne based members are opening their doors to delegates for unique institutional visits 
  • Experts from our member organisations are running some of the exclusive Master Courses starting 6 months before the Congress – register for the Congress and enrol on one of the 13 different proposed topics, ranging from best practices in prevention to implementation science, best practice in fundraising and granting and many more.
  • Member Organisations have also taken the lead in coming on board as Sponsors of the World Cancer Congress and have decided to use the event as a platform to launch their new initiatives, programmes, reports and activities. 

3. What’s happening this month in the World Cancer Congress? 

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS – only until 31st May 
Mobilize your colleagues and submit your work as an abstract under one of the three following categories:

  • Policy, advocacy report
  • Fundraising, campaign report
  • Scientific study

All accepted abstracts guarantee an oral presentation at the Congress. More information here.


The programme will feature 3 big debates on hot current topics:

  • Day 1 - Targeted therapies will cripple the economy
  • Day 2 - A shift of cancer agency resources to tackle obesity is premature
  • Day 3 - Cancer Screening: Individual Decisions or Population Approaches?
  • Three outstanding plenary speakers are now confirmed to open the Congress on each day 
  • Emphasis on “Best practices in fundraising”  - a hot topic addressed by top experts throughout the Congress

Find out more on


If there is one event you need to attend in 2014, it’s the World Cancer Congress
3 – 6 December 2014