The Unmet Need for Pain Relief and Palliative Care in Africa
Lecture, Film and Panel Discussion
In observance of World Cancer Day
Featured Guest: Faith Mwangi-Powell, PhD, Director of the African Palliative Care Association
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Harvard Medical School
TMEC, Walter Amphitheater
260 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA
US premier of the award-winning film “Life Before Death” followed by remarks from Dr. Mwangi-Powell on the unmet need for pain relief in the developing world and the moral imperative to make pain relief accessible by all in need.
Panel discussion on efforts to scale-up sustainable capacity for pain relief and palliative care. Panelists to be announced.
* The Program in Global Noncommunicable Disease and Social Change at Harvard Medical School’s Department of Global Health and Social Medicine
* Palliative Care Service, Massachusetts General Hospital
Massachusetts General Hospital’s Center for Global Health
* International Program of the Harvard Medical School Center for Palliative Care
* Harvard Global Equity Initiative
* Global Task Force on Expanding Access to Cancer Care and Control