The Global Advisory Group
What is the Global Advisory Group?
The TNM Global Advisory Group is a network of multidisciplinary national and regional TNM committees that promotes, disseminates and educates in the use of the classification. TNM National/Regional Committees contribute to the annual literature review by providing national publications and non-English language articles for consideration, along with evidence-based expert opinions on the development and enhancement of staging and prognostic factors classifcation. Committees are also encouraged to establish local language help desk functions to augment the global service provided via the UICC website.
TNM National/Regional Committees:
- Have multidisciplinary representation including medical, radiation, and surgical oncology, pathology, cancer registry, epidemiology, and statistics;
- Develop a process for regular interaction (through face to face meetings or teleconferences) and discussion to meet the needs of the national constituencies;
- Represent the national/regional organisations on appropriate national and international cancer staging committees;
- Be a member of the UICC TNM Project Global Advisory Group and provide an annual report on their activities;
- Act as a conduit for proposals for changes to the TNM classification by using accepted premises supported by the international scientific community and the UICC.
Who is part of the Global Advisory Group?
The current Global Advisory Group is composed of representatives from all WHO regions.
TNM National and Regional Committees are active in 20 countries/regions: Australasia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China-Hong Kong-Macau, German-speaking countries, Gulf States, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Poland, Singapore, SLACOM (South America), South Africa, Spain, Turkey, UK, USA (AJCC).
How to join the Global Advisory Group?
Please contact us if you wish to create a TNM Committee in your country or region: email@example.com