Professional Education to improve cervical cancer prevention worldwide
- HPV vaccines and new diagnostic and screening tools have the potential to make cervical cancer largely a disease of the past.
- Lack of appropriate professional knowledge has recurrently been identified as one of the major hindrances to the implementation of national cancer control programmes and a contributing factor to late access to diagnosis and treatment.
- Knowledge transfer between professionals and to a lay audience is critical for long-term sustainability
A contribution to tackling these challenges is the UICC HPV and Cervical Cancer Curriculum.
HPV and Cervical Cancer Curriculum
- An e-learning tool as basis for courses, workshops and self-learning
- Powerpoint presentations with speakernotes and voiceovers on key topics related to HPV and cervical cancer
- For healthcare personnel, programme managers, researchers, educators, policy-makers
- To improve individual knowledge on HPV and cervical cancer
- To provide evidence-based, state-of-the art, interdisciplinary and user-friendly teaching material
The Curriculum is being field-tested in several countries. Any comments and suggestions are welcome! Please send them to email@example.com.
The curriculum is currently available in English, French, Portuguese and Spanish. The Kiswahili version will be available soon.
Pour le français, cliquez ici.
Para la versión en español, haz clic aquí.
Para a versão em português, clique aqui.
Kwa Kiswahili, bonyeza hapa.
HPV and cervical cancer basics
If you wish to consolidate your basics on cervical cancer and HPV, we suggest that you take the course on cervical cancer offered by the Institut Català d’Oncologia, which is freely available for UICC members.
The ICO course is available in Spanish, French and English.