UICC launched in 2010 the Global Network Membership (GNM) initiative to give a wider spectrum of cancer organisations the opportunity to be involved in the three priority areas of global cancer control:
Although the GNM is no longer available, it offers members with affiliate organisations covered by this initiative, the opportunity to take part in exceptional events in the international arena. For example, the UN High-level Meeting on Non-communicable Diseases (NCDs) and the re-draft of the Millennium Development Goals.
Why GNM is important
With a strong membership base UICC will increase its influence at the highest level in order to place cancer at the top of the global health agenda. For cancer-related organisations this will translate at the national level into policies that recognise cancer as a priority.
UICC’s work is guided by the World Cancer Declaration. The Declaration is a tool to help bring the growing cancer crisis to the attention of government leaders and health policy-makers in order to significantly reduce the global cancer burden by 2020 through 11 key targets. UICCcounts on its members to help usdeliver the 11 targets of the World Cancer Declaration by 2020.
Key Benefits of GNM Membership
- GNM members have the opportunity to support the global health community accelerate the fight against cancer by taking an active part in UICC priorities including advocacy campaigns, key events and programmes.
- GNM members will be listed as UICC members alongside major cancer organisations from around the world.
- GNM members have the opportunity to showcase their activities and events at an international level through UICC’s exclusive members’ platform such as the member newsletter, website and calendar of events.
- UICC logo: the logo is the embodiment of UICC’s values and reputation. As a GNM member you are eligible to apply for use of the logo on your promotional materials and haveyour events endorsed under the UICC auspices.
- Networking opportunities with other UICC members at key events such as the World Cancer Congress.
- Access to unique resources and discounts. UICC members are entitled to campaign materials, discounts on publications and participation at special events.