Launch of the ICCP Portal
Last week, the International Cancer Control Partnership (ICCP) launched its web-based portal on cancer control planning and capacity-building on the occasion of the 2013 World Cancer Leaders’ Summit. Hosted by UICC, the ICCP Portal aims to pool together all resources necessary to assist countries implement commitments from the Global NCD Framework in the cancer field.
The ICCP portal primarily aims to assist policy makers and cancer planners, through:
- Selected resources on planning and capacity-building for cancer control: Searching for a toolkit on how to develop your national cancer control plan (NCCP)? Or looking for a costing tool to implement policies? Then you should probably check out the library of resources. The library of resources provides access to materials and tools on cancer control planning and capacity-building at local, national and regional levels.
- National cancer plans: What are other countries doing in the field of cancer control? Find out with the map of published national cancer control plans. You can perform a search on more than 100 cancer plans and emerging NCD plans on a specific topic or area along the cancer care continuum.
- Best practices and experience: Take the opportunity to learn from one another. The ICCP Portal presents case studies on experiences in the field of cancer control. The Portal will shortly host Networks related to specific topics on the cancer care continuum that pull the latest evidence together and identify best practices in those fields.
- Technical assistance opportunities: Need some help with technical assistance? The Portal provides opportunities to access technical assistance from Partners and places you in contact with stakeholders.
- Global cancer control initiatives and policy: Are you up-to-date with global initiatives? The Portal showcases global initiatives on cancer control helping you to access the right support to build your next steps towards global commitments on non-communicable diseases and cancer control.
The International Cancer Control Partnership is committed to building on the initial features of the ICCP Portal by expanding its content and functionalities in response to user feedback. Please view the portal at www.iccp-portal.org and send them some feedback!
Why the ICCP Portal?
The ICCP portal is a unique initiative that brings the experience and best practice knowledge of leading cancer organisations and experts and offers policy-makers and cancer planners an online platform, dedicated to providing selected resources and tools on cancer control all in the convenience of ONE PLACE.
ACCESS THE ICCP PORTAL AT: www.iccp-portal.org