World Cancer Congress
2014 World Cancer Congress:
Thank you to all participants
UICC and its host Cancer Council Australia would like to thank all the participants who attended the 2014 World Cancer Congress and for having contributed to its great success.
A summary report will be available in early 2015, but in the meantime, here are some highlights:
- Delegate attendance was up 74% with 2,700 participants from 115 countries
- 120 sessions presented by 350 speakers over three action-packed days
- News and photos: Available now on worldcancercongress.org
- Session presentations to be made available online in next few weeks
- Over 600 abstracts were presented in three interactive formats: Rapid Fire, Abstract orals and E-poster pods
- All confirmed abstracts for the 2014 World Cancer Congress are now available to consult in the online e-library of the Wiley Asia-Pacific Journal of Oncology
- 2014WCC App still available, so delgates can continue the discussions and keep in touch with other participants via the 'Attendees' functionality.
Social media highlights
Continue the discussion on Twitter and Facebook! Don't forget to use the hashtag #CancerCongress and @2014WCC to spread the word and tell your friends and colleagues about what happened in Melbourne.
Hot off the Press!
Twelve UICC or partner press releases distributed throughout the congress period, resulted in wide-spread publicity for the Congress and its key outcomes. Coverage highlights include the inside front page of the Times (London), The Guardian (Australia) and newswires AAP and Africa Science News. Highlights of interest for the media were the release of the draft PSA guidelines and two breast cancer care abstracts.
Spotlight on Host, Sponsors, Partners and Exhibitors
Thank you to our WCC host organisation, Cancer Council Australia; Destination sponsors the Victoria State Government, the Melbourne Convention Bureau, and City of Melbourne; Sponsors; And exhibitors in the Global Village; all of whom greatly contributed to the fantastic success of the Melbourne edition.
The Platinum Sponsors included the American Cancer Society, Bupa, Cancer Council Australia, the National Cancer Institute US and Roche. Visit the worldcancercongress.org daily news and reports to find out about their activities at the World Cancer Congress.
Mark your calendar
World Cancer Day 2015: 'Not beyond us' | 4 Feb
What will you be doing to mark the Day? Start planning and visit worldcancerday.org for inspiration and ideas.
2016 World Cancer Congress | 31 Oct - 3 Nov
Hosted by the French League Against Cancer and ALIAM, we are keen for you to share your ideas with us and get on board now. Plans are already underway, so if you would like to become a Congress sponsor or exhibitor, please contact Marion Gilodi at email@example.com.
Platinum sponsors for the 2014 World Cancer Congress