The Fellowships team of UICC is pleased to announce the call for proposals for the 2013 Yamagiwa-Yoshida Memorial International Cancer Study Grants. Please note that the application closing date is set to 1st July 2013.
Please find below some key information regarding the fellowship:
- 3 months International Fellowship
- Award value of USD 10,000
- to initiate, set-up or pursue bilateral cancer research projects with collaborating investigators abroad
- to receive training in advanced experimental research methods and techniques
- to exploit complementary skills and material
- scientific or medical qualifications and a minimum of two years postdoctoral experience
- actively engaged in cancer research
- have recent publications in the international peer-reviewed literature
- 93% of the former grantees consider YY a unique opportunity to carry out international research
- 87% of the former grantees feel their fellowship significantly increased their knowledge and research skills, thus preparing them to better compete internationally
- 73% of grantees have published with their Host mentors as result of their Fellowship whilst 77% of them are still collaborating with their Hosts
- YY experience helped define the research direction of about 80% of the former grantees
- 69% of the former grantees were able to build their own research programme as result of their fellowship
Findings from a UICC survey conducted in 2012, conducted on 139 former grantees and spanning years 1998-2010.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 1st July 2013
UICC Yamagiwa-Yoshida Memorial International Cancer Study Grants (YY) are funded by the Japan National Committee for UICC and Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co. Ltd., Japan
For more information regarding UICC Fellowships, please visit the Fellowships section.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org