The Young Leaders Programme will identify and support aspiring young professionals in cancer control by providing unique opportunities for professional development. Through the programme, UICC will facilitate opportunities for peer-to-peer learning, for networking and connecting with experienced leaders, and the chance to engage and participate in recognised international and regional events. The call for applications will remain open from Monday 15th May to Friday 30th June.
Seven individuals will be selected this year and the first programme cycle will commence at the 2017 World Cancer Leaders’ Summit in Mexico City and conclude at the 2018 World Cancer Congress in Kuala Lumpur.
Each programme cycle will give selected particpants the chance to;
- Attend the World Cancer Leaders' Summit (WCLS) where young leaders will have the opportunity to contribute and learn from global discussions on current topics in cancer control, and network with influential and established leaders from around the world
- Attend a regional event or organise a regional study visit aligned with their interests and expertise, to initiate regional collaboration, to take place during the 12 months following the WCLS
- Attend the World Cancer Congress (WCC) to share experiences and best practices from their respective region through a dedicated session
- Join the UICC Young Leaders Alumni community and become part of a proactive and prestigious network who supporty and are actively engaged with UICC
We would welcome applications from individuals who fit the following criteria;
- Up to and including 40 years of age at the application deadline (30th June 2017)
- Experienced cancer control professional with demonstrated impact in their network/organisation
- Self-starter with proven experience in community engagement and mobilisation
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written) for successful interaction at an international level